Someone can tell me, WHY I NEED TO DOWNLOAD SO MANY RUNTIMES?!

WinKiller

Reaction score
Credits
Like, okay. To build some random software i need download it. But they take so much time to download. And i almost out of space because i installed only runtime libs and software. To just build one app i need to download software, if they doesn't exist in Discover i need to download it manualy from google. After installing reboot PC, toggle YCBCR444 tab on NVIDIA Settings, fix Ctrl+Shift don't working, and use Caps Lock fix. And after MAYBE my needed package gonna build up normaly. But no! In Install guide or Github main page wget link was dead or some command say:
Code:
Ahaha, nice mate. But that command doesn't exist
. And i need to google AGAIN to download some bload software again to make that sh1t work. And even with those 7 cells of hell that trash software doesn't want to install. My trashed time was screwed because some thing doesn't able to work for some reason, so what the point of linux if i can't normaly compile software out from box?? I don't wanted to use Ubuntu because i don't like him, and i still wanted to sit on Q4OS but that expirience with clear Debian makes me really mad and sad because i don't see end of this madness, my space on SSD run out and im afraid about filling up to the end when i didn't install all necessery runtimes for compiling. Hear me out guys, im new in Linux and i don't wanted to sit back to windows. HELP!

What are your system specs and which distro of linux are you using? Also what app are you trying to install?
Sit on Q4OS Plasma (latest from site).
Trying to compile any source apps. But or im a stupid and useless. Or i just had no enough compile tools. First app was: NoiceTorch, second: Audacious. On first i somehow installed it. On second, after compiling i tryed brute-force it moving directly into slash folder. That cause kernel-panic. So i don't wanted to suffer, and installing Ubuntu right now. What can you give me advise for compiling into .deb?

Oh, system specs is powerful. Any OS can be handled but friend recommended me Q4OS for the first.

46 GB is plenty of space to compile ANY program. Just read the READ.ME file you'll find with the source-code, install all neccerary dependenties (a lot of -dev files the first time around) and just hit ./configure, make, sudo make install.
Never had any problems with it, on any distro I've ever used (and believe me, a lot these past 20 years)...
Cheers, Eddy

Last edited:
46 GB is plenty of space to compile ANY program. Just read the READ.ME file you'll find with the source-code, install all neccerary dependenties (a lot of -dev files the first time around) and just hit ./configure, make, sudo make install.
Never had any problems with it, on ANY distro I used (and believe me, these were a lot these past 20 years)...
Cheers, Eddy
Oh im forgot. 46 WAS AVAILIBLE. Right now is left is 5.1 GB free. About readme, that is a problem. I doing all right - and that doesn't work.

Never had any problems with it, on ANY distro I used (and believe me, these were a lot these past 20 years)...
Cheers, Eddy
Oh im forgot. 46 WAS AVAILIBLE. Right now is left is 5.1 GB free. About readme, that is a problem. I doing all right - and that doesn't work

So i guess my debian was completly dry. Because i can't describe why the same ./configure was "unknown command"

So i guess my debian was completly dry. Because i can't describe why the same ./configure was "unknown command"
Did you install build-essential in your Debian ? That will give you all neccerary basic stuff to compile. Of course, every source code program WILL ask for it's own -dev dependenties as well...

Did you install build-essential in your Debian ? That will give you all neccerary basic stuff to compile. Of course, every source code program WILL ask for it's own -dev dependenties as well...
Of course i installed it. ON END OF THE DAY. Like i didn't discover it because when i search configure in Discover. I download (as i think) needed dev tool. And its doesn't work and i notixe build-tools after really many attempts and google research. So i know first after i install Ubuntu. I need update this thing. Thanks guys.

Of course i installed it. ON END OF THE DAY. Like i didn't discover it because when i search configure in Discover. I download (as i think) needed dev tool. And its doesn't work and i notixe build-tools after really many attempts and google research. So i know first after i install Ubuntu. I need update this thing. Thanks guys.
Installing Ubuntu instead of Debian, won't change anything (as Ubuntu is Debian-based). With what exactly did you manage to fill 50+ GB worth with pure Debian OS ? Did you install any games or downloaded a lot of ISO files, filling up your downloads folder in /home ? In that case, I would attach another hard-drive for your data or choose the size of your partitions a little bigger...
Cheers, Eddy

PS: for the convenience of having development libraries automatically available for each library on your system, install Manjaro linux instead ! :)
Cheers, Eddy

Members online

Latest posts