sony walkman

Z

zezerbing

I have a sony walkman. Instead of an ipod. I run pclinuxos. I use download helper to convert music to MP3's. But I can't seem to do the same with video. I've tried MPEG-4 , mp4, wmv, .Sony says it uses mp4. Sony says I have to get some sort of software from their site. Am I using the wrong extension or running into some sort of DRM. thank you.

Sony walk man uses its on proprietary format for videos. They always like to try and be different!
I think you need an MP4 yes, but you need the right FPs (frames per second) and right encoding for it to be able to play. You can get software from Sony, but it is likely not going to be Linux compatible.

IN windows the SUPER video converter would work a treat, unfortunatly, it is not linux compatible, so I can only reccomend a similar software: http://transcoder84.sourceforge.net/

They STILL MAKE SONY WALKMANS?!
Are you serious???:confused:

LOL that was what first came to mind - I was thinking we had a great Linux cassette to MP3 plug 'n' play being discussed - gutted lol

They STILL MAKE SONY WALKMANS?!
Are you serious???:confused:

Yeah why wouldn't they make them ? :p Here where I live, they are actually really popular. Most of the people prefer to use them over iPad's and all this new modern age gadgets.

Why would you want a Walkman. are you a caveman? buy an iPod dude lol.

Members online

Latest posts