Solved Sound output Default Linux MInt

Solved issue

AMFA

Reaction score
Credits
I am having issues with having to select the correct output device each time I log into Linux Mint. I wnat hte dault to be HDMI/Display Port 2. Any ideas on how I may save the default so I do not have to keep selecting the output each time I log ino the sytem.

Thank you

Last edited:

You can try this.
Code:
sudo apt-get install pavucontrol
I believe you can set a default output from that control.

Go to the pavucontrol panel and then to the configurations tab. under profile what does it say? Click on the profile tab find HDMI and set it's profile as default. Good luck. (Note: it most like currently is set to off. )

Go to the pavucontrol panel and then to the configurations tab. under profile what does it say? Click on the profile tab find HDMI and set it's profile as default. Good luck. (Note: it most like currently is set to off. )
KC,

Thank you, that worked perfectly. I was attempting to set it on the output tab. Thanks for the lesson sir greatly appreciated. Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been busy this week and have not been online all that much.

l
KC,

Thank you, that worked perfectly. I was attempting to set it on the output tab. Thanks for the lesson sir greatly appreciated. Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been busy this week and have not been online all that much.
Glad it worked for you Enjoy!

@AMFA - if you edit your first post, you can change the title prefix to 'solved'.