Sparky installed, but isn't able to access internet

FBPanther

Reaction score
Credits
I'm a new Linux user who is fed up with Microsoft. I use my computer mostly for gaming and media, and so I chose Sparky. File sparkylinux-5.12-x86_64-lxqt.iso
I used Rufus to mount the ISO to a USB drive, then installed it into my new computer.

My new computers components as follows- ASUS TUF B550 Plus motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 500GB NVMe 3rd Gen SSD (with Sparky Linux OS installed), ASUS GeForce Dual RTX-2070 video card, and 2 HD's, 500GB and 1TB (storage drives).

The System boots off the NVMe drive without issues, but fails to recognize the cable connection to the internet. I'm guessing I need to upgrade the kernel, and being a new(b) user, I have no real clue how to accomplish this task. I downloaded a RealTek driver for Linux from their site ( Filename r8125-9.003.05.tar.bz2 )

Is this the right file, and if so, how do I install it in Sparky? Given my setup, will I need to install anything else at the same time, or is having internet access enough to get me the rest of the way?
Thanks.

I have an Asus Z87 PRO motherboard and I can tell you this it doesn't play well with Linux and Linux doesn't seem to work well with some Asus motherboards.

I had to purchase a cheap sound card and a cheap Ethernet card to get Linux to work with my Asus Z87 PRO motherboard.

There's a lot of users using Linux with Asus motherboards so certain Asus motherboards are compatible with Linux.

Members online

Latest posts