Success.....

Mike13Foxtrot

Reaction score
Credits
Used Rufus once again. Tried MX....not only does it boot, and run...it also has a Live USB Storage folder set up automatically. :D

Did some tweaking to settings, off reboot and came back to those settings. I think I have found a pocket USB Linux to work with. I will probably try more got a little box of Thumb drives. Nice to have options. And I can't seem to stop fiddling with Computers, whether building, upgrading PC's, using / restoring laptops, SBC's.

MX is a pretty decent Linux. I've tried it before, decided to not stay with it, though. Nothing awful about, just not for me.

Well, been playing with MX live and committed to install on HP laptop. Friday night. Been messing with it all weekend. So far it went from about a 4 hr battery life to almost 6 hr. Surfing, wireless, tweaking, updating.

Updating MX is kind of a hoot. As it updates pay attention to the text. Stuff like "That was unexpected, repo not responding, trying another...."
There were a few it seems as if it was having a conversation with itself. Rhetorical questions... "Did you mean to do that?"
Maybe the "Ghost (Penguin) in the Machine"

MX is not as verbose as Slackware and some of its derivatives, yet it still has some feedback.

Glad you're having fun!

the new puppy FossaPup and the "dog" Linux distros may interest you.

As I said when updating I clicked on auto yes to all, then glancing at it I read the text it WAS having a conversation with itself.

Like, "Download from repository ** failed to connect.... was that on purpose? Did you mean to do that?

"Trying again....okay, it connected...

It was a little odd, reminded me of a Sgt I had in the Army... he would have conversations with inanimate objects. Such like, "Well mr glove, why did you jump out of my hand?" He would then give the glove a voice, "I wanted free Sgt ***"

Maybe it's a little Dolphin joke? Or...tech is evolving on it's own. :eek:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts