sudo wifite - airmon-ng did not find any wireless interfaces

skerryjerry

Reaction score
Credits
Hi so i basically started my kali journey yesterday and i've been breaking my head around getting my wifi to work to properly run Wifite but it keeps registering my Wifi as a tethered Ethernet connection (does not even register as ethernet when put in to below settings).
Already changed my network settings to bridged adapter,
selected the networkcard that runs my laptops wifi(my ethernetport and wifi networkcard are seperatly put as options)
,i've changed the adapter tpye to the PCnet-FAST III because according to google "This virtualized network adapter is supported by almost all guest operating systems that can run on VirtualBox" and then in advanced i changed the set mac to routers mac adres , but i still can't get it to work.
that's how i ended up here. kind of sick and tired from all the contradictory video's on youtube they often let u do a lot extra when i feel this should be an easy fix just by selecting the right options according to the system but since i'm basically a noob i can't be sure of nothing.
anyone that could help a curious guy out.

Welcome to the forums
Are you experienced at using Linux and competent at using the terminal?
These basic install problems are ones the Kali users forum will not answer, as you are expected to have the knowledge to fix them yourself.
Now what sort of installation have you got [clean full to hard drive, live pen-drive, or VM] as solutions may differ.

Did you read the Kali information pages? Especially this one

estou com problemas de interfaces após digitar o comando airmon-ng check kill .
já entrei comandos na documentação do kali ux digitei os que neles existentes e nada.
como faço para solucionar isso ?

Welcome to the forums, please note this is an English language web site, please pose your questions in English,
I am not experienced in Kali, but as airmon is a common pen-testing tool the following commands in order may help you [no guarantees]
  1. airmon-ng stop wlan0mon (or whatever the virtual interface name is)
  2. service NetworkManager start
  3. service wpa_supplicant start

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts