Suggested Linux Games

carlucma

Reaction score
Credits
I have been using linux for about 10 years now, and I have tried a variety of distros (including Ubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, Linux Mint, Fedora, and CentOS to name a few). Right now I am running Debian 9.9 (64 bit). I have been teaching myself music production, CGI/animation, and video production for a few years, and I am currently planning on learning game design and production as well as coding via Python.

I am thinking of getting into some more serious Linux native games so I can get a feel for modern games and their overall feel and playability as well as looks. Most of the games that I have played thus far are fairly light as far as resources go (i.e. Warzone 2100). What are some good games that are graphically and musically demanding that are worth playing that would give me a feel for what to expect as far as overall production goes, although, I want to focus at this point more on graphics and playability with a strong storyline.

What are some demanding games that are recommended? Here is a list of my hardware specs for reference:

Sager 9377 (Laptop)
3.1Ghz Intel Core i7 w/ hyperthreading
32 GB DDR3 RAM (Kingston)
NVidia GeForce GTX 980M GPU (8GB GDDR5)
2x 1TB Samsung Evo 840 SSD
17.3" 60Hz monitor (1920x1080)

I also have a 32" Sharp HDTV that I use as an external monitor in most cases that has the same resolution and frame rate as my laptop.

I am hoping to find some games that will push my laptop's hardware that can help me out as far as everything goes that I described above.

Thank you for your help.

Members online

Latest posts