Switch off 11-minute kernel mode

C

chereda

If ntpd works, then the kernel copies system time to hardware clock every 11 minutes. It is show by command
adjtimex --print
I want to stop the kernel eleven mode. If I run
hwclock --hctosys,
the eleven mode stops. But some time later it restores. I think, it is due to ntpd.
How can I stop the eleven mode forever? Where can I ask my question?

More infomation with regard to "RTC kernel sync" in chrony, ntp and openntpd is at chrony home page. It is shown that openntpd can be a solution.

Hey Hi, this is Raj, from India...I have issue installing Ubuntu and Kali Linux in Vmware and Vbox. Please start conversation if you know how to resolve the issue.

@chereda thank for your try.

I have been trying to install Ubuntu and Kali Linux in Vbox & VMWare. I am getting same error in both the machines.

Issues
1. When I install ubuntu after the installation there is no main menu. I tried to install update did some more stuffs which was mentioned in some other sites none of them are worked both in Vbox as well VMWare
2. I installed Kali Linux tried all the method to install but after the installation either it get stuck with black screen nor gives me a message stating loading please wait...and there is no further action on the screen.

It will be great if you could try to resolve this issue.

My System Details
Windows 8 32 bit
6GB RAM
Processor: Intel Pentium

If ntpd works, then the kernel copies system time to hardware clock every 11 minutes. It is show by command
adjtimex --print
I want to stop the kernel eleven mode. If I run
hwclock --hctosys,
the eleven mode stops. But some time later it restores. I think, it is due to ntpd.
How can I stop the eleven mode forever? Where can I ask my question?
disable ntpd?

I want to get the switch off time of a machine due to lack of electricity. I assume that hardware clock gives more precise result then system time. I can not disable ntpd, since synchronized system time is necessary for other applications.

rajrockzs
I assume that you can install Ubuntu on hard disk. Can you install propelly in Virtual machine any version of Windows?

@chereda
Yes I can able to install properly but my issue is after the installation that i have mentioned in my previous comment

My bad. Yes can able to install windows but linux is not working both Ubuntu as well Kali linux.

@chereda,
Let me explain you clearly.
I tried to install Kali Linux in virtual box latest version followed all the instructions but after installation os gets restart but there is no login screen instead i am getting black screen stating ( loading. Please wait....), i waited for all most 24 to 48-hours to check something will happen further on screen but there is no action on the screen.
Second issue.....
Tried to install Ubuntu in Virtual Box after installation there is no menu on default screen its shows blank pink screen can't locate Terminal. i tried startx by logging to Alt+Ctrl+F1 tried to update the system followed many instruction mentioned in the internet but finally no menu appeared.
But i tried to install windows 7 it works fine no issues when i install windows but only with linux.
Hope you got something.

@Rajrockzs I use Virtual Box to install Windows and some Linux derivative. All is OK. See information in Internet. For example,
type "loading please wait kali linux" at y_a_n_d_e_x_dot_ r_u.

Members online

Latest posts