Sylpheed help

paultimy

Reaction score
Credits
Hello I have just found out that my email provider has cancelled all my incoming mails from 2014:eek::eek:. Luckily I have them all on Sylpheed. How can i download the emails on my laptop (where I have linux) so I can transfer them on my desktop (that has win10) and use something similar to Sylpheed like Outlook?
Thank you very much for any help you can give me

Paolo

G'day Paolo, and Welcome to linux.org

Open a Gmail account

to IMPORT from Sylpheed......

To get started, log in to your Gmail account where want to migrate all your old emails to, click the settings cog, and then click “Settings.” Click the “Accounts and Import” tab and then click “Import Mail and Contacts.” ... Enter your email address in the field provided and then click “Continue.....

Gmail works anywhere...Linux, win 10,(yuk), mac, etc etc

Thank you very very much for your reply. I have a Gmail address, but if I import my other email address, it will import from my Email provider (where all my emails have disapeared). I need to get the emails that are saved on my laptop in Sylpheed. Is there a way to tell Gmail to get the emails from Sylpheed?

I have no experience of Sylpheed, but from what I have read it is an email client in its own right.

Therefore you will have a sylpheed email address

Put that email address in the field provided in 'import mail and contacts' in gmail and you should be ok

Sylpheed is pretty good, I moved fro gmail 2 years ago. I have one question: Does anyone know how to get the screen into chronological order rather than by folders? Incoming seems to get moved into a folder and then I can't find it.
Thanks! --Teejay

If no joy there, would send an email to : [email protected]

Rather than asking directly for help, I would be inclined to ask where you would find such an answer.....and underline the word 'where'

Members online

Latest posts