Terminal commands forInstalling OBS Studio on Chromebook running Linux Penquin

BlendedO

Reaction score
Credits
I have been having a lot of trouble trying to run obs studio from my linux version on my chromebook. I always get the "it appears another instance of obs studio is running in the chrome os container which is unsupported"

Welcome to the forums
more information please, many years ago there was a distribution called Penquin linux [I havent seen/used for years] there is currently a desktop application called, "Penguin Pro 11 GNU Linux Desktop" which can be built on most distributions, So if it's the pro 11 desktop, please advise us of which distribution it is built on.

Welcome to the forums
more information please, many years ago there was a distribution called Penquin linux [I havent seen/used for years] there is currently a desktop application called, "Penguin Pro 11 GNU Linux Desktop" which can be built on most distributions, So if it's the pro 11 desktop, please advise us of which distribution it is built on.

I am using a chromebook with chrome os

Well, I don't think we will be able to help you much, as chrome is not generally considered a full Linux distribution.
So a couple of links that may help you

Is your chromebook compatible with Obs studio full list at.

YouTube guide to installing Obs to Chrome

I've been trying to work with a chromebookOS for a while and it isn't ideal, id suggest a desktop or laptop if you'd like to use Linux to its fullest. id recommend a desktop or laptop, it doesn't have to be new or fresh, just made in the year 2008+. if you don't have one I don't know what to tell you as I haven't really gotten far with my Chromebook either. But keep in mind I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Well we can't just give up like that. There HAS to be a way! I know it. I use some kind of Lenovo Chromebook with Linux on it, and I get an error every time I try to open OBS. Can someone please help.

I have been having a lot of trouble trying to run obs studio from my linux version on my chromebook. I always get the "it appears another instance of obs studio is running in the chrome os container which is unsupported"
To see the processes that are running on the system, you could run the command like:
Code:
ps aux | grep -i obs
From the output, you could find the PID (that is, the process identification number), of the "instance" of obs studio that is already running, and kill it with the command:
Code:
kill PID
where you replace PID here with the relevant number. Run the ps command again to check that obs studio is indeed dead, and go from there.

Note: use "obs" or text of whatever command you use that starts it up in the first place.

@osprey
did you not notice Brightleaf has resurrected an old thread.

Members online

Latest posts