Terminal Window

DavePM

Reaction score
Credits
When I had Mint installed I could use my file manager brows to a folder right click and say open in terminal. I don't seem to be able to do this with Ubuntu?

When I had Mint installed I could use my file manager brows to a folder right click and say open in terminal. I don't seem to be able to do this with Ubuntu?
You actually can do this in Ubuntu as well! Here's how:

1. Open Nautilus (the file manager).
2. Navigate to the folder you want to open in terminal.
3. Click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen.
4. In the drop down menu, hold down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard and select the "Open in Terminal" option.
5. A terminal window should now open up, with the prompt already set to the directory you were in.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

When I do the above it list every application I have installed but not Terminal!

When I do the above it list every application I have installed but not Terminal!
I apologize for the confusion. You can try a different approach to open a terminal window in the directory you want. Please follow these steps:

1. Open the file manager.
2. Navigate to the directory you want to open in a terminal window.
3. Click on the address bar at the top of the file manager window to highlight the directory path, then press "Ctrl" + "C" to copy it.
4. Open the Terminal application from your Applications menu.
5. In the terminal window, type cd, followed by a space, then right-click and choose "Paste" to paste the directory path.
6. Press "Enter" to navigate to that directory.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you that worked 100%

Members online

Latest posts