Terminator auto complete

Nunka

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone !

I'm pretty new to Ubuntu and I wanted to have an auto complete with my terminal (I use Terminator) but even when I installed bash auto-completion following what was said here ( https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/add-bash-auto-completion-in-ubuntu-linux/ ) but it doesn't seems to work with Terminator.
Does someone use Terminator and have auto complete on it ? If yes can you tell me how you did it ?

Thank you in advance !

Try running exec bash and then try again, if that doesn't work just restart and then the auto-completion should work.

Last edited:
Does someone use Terminator and have auto complete on it ? If yes can you tell me how you did it ?

I have Terminator with auto-completion. I just installed it and it worked.

You can also try the same auto-completion in a different terminal and see if it works in there. As you're pretty new to Ubuntu, I'm inclined to suspect it's an error at your end. (Which is just fine. Linux skills need to be learned.)

You can try the following, as well:

Code:
mkdir qwerty
cd qwe<press the tab button on your keyboard>

Probably because it only works with the default terminal - you may have to set Terminator as your default terminal

Hmm... Let's muddy the waters even further.

Stock Lubuntu 20.04 and auto-complete works in every terminal I try it in. I tested the default, Xfce terminal, and Terminator. It works in all three. It's not technically Ubuntu, but it is Lubuntu. (The testing was done on one of my test computers.)

Thank you for all your answer.
Finally I had to bind the key 'TAB' in .bashrc with:
bind '"\t":menu-complete'

Members online