The Deepin Os and Duel Boot.

clanmaurice

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Guys, I am a bit of a Noob where Linux is concerned, but I am willing to try it out, even at my age. I was first of all going to try out a duel boot with Deepin Os but I just could not manage that. And I think it is a brill Distro. However I did managed to get Linux Mint installed very easy on the Duel boot. I am quite prepared to go completely over to Linux Deepin Os, if I can manage to actually clean off my Hard drive behand. Not too sure I know how to do that. I do have 2 single HDs of 1TB each. If you can bear with me, I would appreciate a little bit of advice. Cheers.

I was first of all going to try out a duel boot with Deepin Os
Dual boot with which other operating system?
And I think it is a brill Distro.
I don't know what a "brill" distro is. Brilliant?
I am quite prepared to go completely over to Linux Deepin Os,
Sometimes that is easier than trying to dual boot.
if I can manage to actually clean off my Hard drive
Easily done! :)
I do have 2 single HDs of 1TB each.
Are they both installed in the machine at the same time?
I use two (or sometimes 3) hard drives and install a distro on one drive and another operating system on the other. It works very well. The GrUB boot loader will usually see the installs on the various hard drives and present you with a nice option menu at boot time.

My appolegies Vrai, I was Not very good explaining. And thank you for getting in touch. 1st, the duel boot was with Windows 10. Brill obviously means Brilliant. God knows where I got the brill from. Both Hard drives are in the machine and connected. At the moment I have a duel boot of Windows 10 and Linux mint. My aim is to get the Deepin Os on there, even if I have to take the Linux mint off. It would appear that both systems are on the number 1 HD and number 0 is empty. Cheers.

I have not installed Deepin but I assume the installer program is similar to most other Linux distros.
The Deepin installer program should present you with a graphical representation of the disks in the machine and the partition layout.
Select the drive you wish to install Deepin on and follow the directions.
Paying close attention to the drive designations and partition(s) identifiers. The installer program should offer a final 'sanity' check before committing to any changes.
I don't have any screenshots handy but it should be easy enough to find some which will make all the above clear.

I have not installed Deepin but I assume the installer program is similar to most other Linux distros.
The Deepin installer program should present you with a graphical representation of the disks in the machine and the partition layout.
Select the drive you wish to install Deepin on and follow the directions.
Paying close attention to the drive designations and partition(s) identifiers. The installer program should offer a final 'sanity' check before committing to any changes.
I don't have any screenshots handy but it should be easy enough to find some which will make all the above clear.
Thank you very much. I will proceed once again.

Members online