The more stable distro on linux

laooo

Reaction score
Credits
Hi guys,

I defenetly have problem with the stability of ubuntu, is there a real stable distro on linux? Who it dont made you a issues all the time when you start your computer , please its very sucks.
Also i got a fingerprint on my laptop but it dont work i tried many things but nothings work. I tried with mint and unbuntu the lasts release of the both , please help meeee!!!!!

Remind me what is the make and full model number of your box

Stability? Two distros pop into the mind -- Debian and Slackware.
@Bartman suggests a good Debian distro.
I will suggest a stable and easy Slackware-based distro named Salix

You will need a file called fprint for fingerprint readers to function. Its in salix repos
Salix_shot-of-fprint-in-repo.jpg

I would suggest MX-21 also very stable Mint is mostly stable also. But it all depends on your answer to Brickwizard's question.

If you don't find Ubuntu to be stable, I'd be curious about your computing habits. Even the interim releases are stable, and LTS just means it remains consistent for a period of time - which are equally stable in this sense of the word.

Mint is wonderfully stable, including the other sense of the word - consistent. Even as you move to new versions of Mint, it remains fairly consistent throughout. But, it's certainly stable.

I use Lubuntu, which is just Ubuntu with some different software. Lemme check the uptime.

Code:
$ uptime
19:59:10 up 61 days, 21:36,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.07

I'd say that's pretty stable. I need to eventually reboot it for the new kernel to take effect.

Linux Mint 21 is new and does have know problems...not everyone gets the same problems.
t1822.gif

The same happened with Mint 18...19...and 20 but these were fixed. You could try Mint 20.3 or as I do...wait till 21.1 comes out.
m1213.gif

On one SSD I have Mint Cinnamon 19.1...been using it for over 3 years and have never had any problems as it's solid as a rock. My other SSD has Mint Cinnamon 20.1 and is the same...I'm looking forward to 21.1.
m1212.gif

I have both on my desktop windows and ubuntu and all the times its ubuntu who crash and i cant starting on windows no more right now because of the unbuntu grub

I will assume that you recently ran a Windows update!
It is well known that some Windows updates will break the Linux grub,
try the solution offered by @kc1di

i got a fingerprint on my laptop but it dont work i tried many things but nothings work.
What desktop environment? I don't think every DE supports this feature. I know gnome and kde do, not sure about the rest.

Members online