There... I have finally done my introduction thread!

Next...get that RGB strip controlled in Linux Mint.

I haven't ever really bothered making my cases look like Christmas trees. Though I did once have one that actually output a bunch of information on an LCD - such as fan speeds, temps, CPU usage, and stuff like that.

your intro was great

Thanks. I write a great deal, so it comes naturally at this point.

I haven't ever really bothered making my cases look like Christmas trees. Though I did once have one that actually output a bunch of information on an LCD - such as fan speeds, temps, CPU usage, and stuff like that.

I might need to hire you to write some of my menu, . Of course, I guess you would have to try the items that are on it first, good Lord, I'm such a do-do sometimes. Well, enjoy y'all's day!!!!

Well, enjoy y'all's day!!!!

Same to you and I am definitely not seeking employment. If anything, I'm trying to learn to do less.

I haven't ever really bothered making my cases look like Christmas trees

I never did in all the builds I have ever done. But was just looking at a fan extension cable for the rear better routing of that cable, 4 bucks. But right next to that at Microcenter is RGB's had a 12 inch for 7.99 Oh well, MB has RGB so yeah had to. ASUS has Armory Crate download to control them. When I am playing music thru Clementine today it syncs with the RGB....pretty lights. :cool: Other than that I put them in Breathe mode like the Soundcard portion of the MB, on the rear edge.

I do like a back-lit keyboard as I do a lot of computing in dim rooms. I don't have them pulsating or anything.

I do like a back-lit keyboard

Wellllll, now that you mention keyboard. Had been using an older like 85% size acer. UNTIL, yesterday.

Had to run to store, new car battery, yeah. Groceries, and some spray air for dust.

Geeked out again, :p and grabbed an LED backlit one 20 bucks. Was only gonna get a normal one. 15 vs 20 bucks, at the store up the street. RGB colors subtle, but enough to see. Add that to the list I am adding up money wise for this New Build. My name is Mike and I have a problem. :rolleyes:

My name is Mike and I have a problem.

I can relate. I have a quantity issue. I have way too many computers.

I just bought this little number - just to test Lubuntu on it.

(It was on sale for an absurdly low amount.)

Now that I built this thing....it has sparked the inner nerd. Had an old PII bookshelf case I have now started Sat, doing some work to fit an old HP desktop/laptop board. It was mini itx, then was thinking if I can't get it all together I have larger cigar boxes.....a Cigar box pc. Keeps me outta trouble.

it has sparked the inner nerd.

I had fun geeking-out building the LinuxTips site and getting all the features to work together and stay stable while being secure.

My current project is turning a NUC into a router.

I've gotta have projects to keep myself busy.

For this, read

"I have a big mouth, and verbal diarrhea... just like Wizard"

:)

"I have a big mouth, and verbal diarrhea... just like Wizard"

I'm worse in person. I will chat your ear off, if it's a subject I care about. If it's not a subject I care about, I'll find a way to steer it in that direction!

my first nickname was ......... speedy.....

later in life, it became ........... havachat

If someone responds to something online, I will almost always respond to them. It's not that I'm trying to get in the last word, it's that replying is just being polite!

You're close.... :cool:....sort of....

This is a bit like Pete and Repeat went out in a boat. Pete fell overboard and was drowned.

Who was left?

Members online

Latest posts