This may be of interest to some Ubuntu Zinc

I have not tried it so can say if it's good or bad.

Downloading it now, will give it a quick spin over the next few days

Downloaded, burnt to USB, and installed to test drive, first impressions no good for newbie if they have 16x9 wide screen, installer doesn't automatically select screen resolution and opens as 4x3 meaning the click boxes are not visible. You need to know what your screen size and resolution is, find the display settings and, adjust them before continuing. [this will throw a newbie right away]
on re-boot, slower than Mint LMDE [my usual OS on this machine]

I tried it live, and as @Brickwizard has said it does not automatically set the correct screen resolution. Haven't gone much further than that.

Downloaded, burnt to USB, and installed to test drive, first impressions no good for newbie if they have 16x9 wide screen, installer doesn't automatically select screen resolution and opens as 4x3 meaning the click boxes are not visible. You need to know what your screen size and resolution is, find the display settings and, adjust them before continuing. [this will throw a newbie right away]
on re-boot, slower than Mint LMDE [my usual OS on this machine]

Thanks. Was about to give it a shot. Maybe later than like in a spare weekend :)

Thanks for sharing, Dave :)

Chris

I find it to be interesting but very immature at the moment. Needs work.

Members online

Latest posts