Timeshift & Similar Solutions - Safeguard & Recover Your Linux

Iacceptthelinuxchallenge

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
So, I have one more question (AND YOU'RE THE MAN on this subject!!!).
So by choosing both of the "including all" options in the user home directories screen of TS , not only will I be saving everything I myself have added to the OS, but also the apps I've added?

OP
wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Yes.

If you are running a manual (On Demand) snapshot, be sure to make use of the Comments field to describe what is being added or removed, for easy identification, should you need to reverse the changes.

Since v19.1 of Timeshift (now on 21.9), if you enter a comment, it will exclude that snapshot from any pre-determined culling period set.

Wizard

Iacceptthelinuxchallenge

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Yes.

If you are running a manual (On Demand) snapshot, be sure to make use of the Comments field to describe what is being added or removed, for easy identification, should you need to reverse the changes.

Since v19.1 of Timeshift (now on 21.9), if you enter a comment, it will exclude that snapshot from any pre-determined culling period set.

Wizard
THANKS DUDE!!! So, the comment is only necessary if say I am testing out an app, but not sure I want to keep it? Hope you have a GREAT day...I going to ;)

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Members online