Today is Astronomy Day. So, go outside and look at the sky tonight!

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits

I went out for a little while earlier. It was pretty cloudy, so there wasn't a whole lot to see.

I also forgot to include a link to a wonderfully interesting piece of software.

(It may be in your repos.)

Yep Stellarium is cool have used it for quite awhile and yes it's in the repos of most Linux distros I've run.

AS17-152-23420_Ord1024c.jpg

A view seen by only 24 humans. This photo from Dec. 17, 1972 (Apollo 17) was featured on Astronomy Picture of the Day. This is my current desktop background.

Stellarium is awesome. I've used it for years. :)

Yep Stellarium is cool have used it for quite awhile and yes it's in the repos of most Linux distros I've run.

It's a fun application.

A view seen by only 24 humans.

It reminds me of how small and insignificant we humans are, and how precious our resources are to us. I remember when we first landed on the moon, barely...

when we first landed on the moon
The day that Armstrong kicked lunar dust I was a first year fitter and Machinist ( Millwright for you Americans and Canadians) and I was at a Technical college to learn the academic side of my craft.
Astronomy and Cosmology are a couple distractions in my life so I don't go round the twist.

The day that Armstrong kicked lunar dust I was a first year fitter and Machinist ( Millwright for you Americans and Canadians)

I was still fairly young. I wasn't hatched until '57.

I wasn't sure if I should click 'like' on that one...

click 'like' on that one...
That is OK. Just a fact of life, he is not gone as the memory of him is still with me. Just like the memory of a girl that was lost the same year as my brother.

I wasn't born until just about the last possible day of 1957, so I missed most of that year.

I'm trying to find the time to finish my 'official Lubuntu' membership application. It's a formality, with a few perks on the other side. It's fighting me at every turn.

Members online