Today's article has a really limited impact...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Not too many folks are gonna want to change their partition's UUID. I can't think of a good reason to do so, but it was in my notes - which means someone wanted to know at some point. I did go verify that it should still work, so there's that...

Feedback is awesome, but I already know that few folks will benefit from this article. It just seemed like a fun one to write.

Wow, well written. Vastly superior to last article I read. Seriously, while the subject matter doesn't really lend itself to much interest, you did a bang up job on style. My only note would be mentioning updating fstab where applicable.

Aaaand now the human spelling/grammar checker (who spelled "desist" as "decist" in an earlier thread -- to be fair it's harder to notice one's own mistakes):
It’s a 128-bit alpha-numeric identification used internally seldom by you the user.
Should be a comma: you, the user.
When you’re done, the effects should be immediate. though you...
Didn't capatalise "though" -- which I never hold against *nix users, for we love lowercase.

Again, nice job. And it ain't entirely without purpose. I mean people are learning other stuff like what a UUID is, the lsblk command, and where to get UUIDs for other purposes. They also got some Math.

I am well into my fifth glass of wine. Glad ya liked it. I may edit it in the morning, but I know better than to try editing it right now. Feel free to mention the fstab bit as a comment on the site and I'll approve it when I notice it. Again, probably not tonight.

Feel free to mention the fstab bit as a comment on the site...
Seems SlowCoder beat me to it. Shoulda scrolled down first.

Oh, yeah, I think they mentioned it earlier.

Heh...

I have wine. I don't need no stinkin' excuse!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts