Today's article has you finding some RAM information in the terminal...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
It's a pretty easy article to follow, suitable for beginners. I'd expect the regulars here to already know this information. I have pretty high expectations from y'all, anyhow.

Feedback is awesome.

Nice. I love the reference to meminfo. Procfs is such a trove of information! Though, sometimes you have to be able to do maths to make sense of it hah

and getting basic useage in python

Attachments

• ram.zip
    332 bytes · Views: 203
for possible article down the road , have you got Arch on Vm?

I do not. I did think of an article up your alley! The site would do well with a Ventoy article.

I love the reference to meminfo.

It's a pretty handy tool. I like to expose people to tools they may not realize they have, or ways of getting information that they're unaware of. I've committed to keeping the site going, an article every other day, for a year. We'll see where it's at at that point.

and getting basic useage in python

I get an error trying to run that.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./ram.py", line 3, in <module>
    import psutil
ImportError: No module named psutil

Code:
    import psutil
You probably need to install the psutil module.
Code:
pip install psutil

I do not. I did think of an article up your alley! The site would do well with a Ventoy article.

It's a pretty handy tool. I like to expose people to tools they may not realize they have, or ways of getting information that they're unaware of. I've committed to keeping the site going, an article every other day, for a year. We'll see where it's at at that point.

Code:
    import psutil
ok will have a think of putting something together on Ventoy

also something for you to try , i'm playing with packaging up python with emdedded stuff it needs.
after unzip of ram.zip if you chmod 775 ram (an elf executable) you can evoke from where it is via ./ram or copy....move it to /usr/local/bin and then envoke from a shell it using ram it should just run without needing any deps

Attachments

• ram.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 211
Hmm...

Code:
kgiii@kgiii-lmde:~/Downloads$ ./ram
./ram: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by ./ram)

Sweet! Thanks! I'll take a longer peak at it later, but it initially looks pretty awesome!

Members online