Today's article has you installing an FTP server - or not...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
SFTP is a much, much better idea. Still, FTP is still out there and it's easy enough to get working. I use it on my local network sometimes when I want to move files with an FTP client - though, really, that's just silly. If you don't want to give a user SSH access, FTP is quite a bit more restrictive while allowing them to move files.

Feedback is awesome, though I am not feeling all that well today so I may be slow responding.

I don't think it was the rum. I ended up not having that much. I ate a snack food that I'm not entirely sure how long it had been in the cupboards and was up much of the night voiding myself of said snack food. I've been much better today, though not 'well' by any stretch of the imagination.

So, I've taken it easy and done just the barest minimum today. I'm okay with that. I'll surely survive the ordeal because only the good die young.

rummmmmm..... I "member the Army days. I seemed to have put down a Bottle of 151 a week for about a year. Stationed in Germany, yeah beer I know....yada, never had a beer "palate" soooo

Was actually thinking of using 1 of the many Pi's lying about, to make a dedicated FTP server. Have a PiZero W attached to a Lipo with a on/off switch HAT. Now I may do that this weekend, as I just charged the battery on it. Idle the little Lipo lasts about 7 days.

Was actually thinking of using 1 of the many Pi's lying about, to make a dedicated FTP server.

FTP is still widely used, though SFTP (which shares similar letters and functionality) is truly a better solution where available. I still use FTP.

Also, I'm more a 'fancy' rum kinda guy. None of that 151 for me. I want to taste my rum and enjoy it.

With wine, I seldom get more than a little tipsy, sticking to just a few glasses. Rum gets sipped but the definition of 'sip' seems to magically change after a few. So, I tend to mostly observe (if I'm online at all) at that point. It stops me from saying too many stupid things. More than once have I had to wake up and apologize to the internet in general.

+1 for SFTP. (you should see the crazy magic I have setup for my HA SFTP servers. lol)

I'm a wine guy too. These days, there are only two liquors I will drink. A good scotch (my favorite is Balvenie Double Wood) and I like very watered-down Fireball or Cinnamon Jack Danials. The Cinnamon isn't about drinking as much as I love Cinnamon. I water it down a lot because I don't want the cinnamon spicy. I just like the favor of it like I like Apple pie. :)

I've been (mostly) appreciating English Habour 10 year old lately. It's a great rum that runs just over $100 but tastes like it cost twice that amount. It's a nice affordable rum, unless you're a college student that's just going to chug it.

I tried to get into scotch and whiskey but *most* just don't suit my palette. However, I ain't to proud to admit I've consumed some Fireball. There's a place that bottles it down in central Maine. It's pretty popular here, almost too popular 'cause I keep finding empty containers all over the place.

It's dirt cheap and 'good' ABV for the dollar, so it's popular among the crowd that's okay with throwing their empties on the ground at the beach or fishing holes. It's single-handedly make the government consider putting a deposit on the nips (single shot servings in a plastic or glass bottle, usually plastic these days). We have a deposit on other beverage containers and that works really well at keeping the places cleaner, so a deposit on nips is likely in the works.

However, I've been known to rip a bottle with friends and get stupidly drunk because of it. It goes down easy, like peppermint schnapps. I have a buddy who is quite a fan, even going so far as buying 'buckets' of Fireball and wearing Fireball merchandise. He's an alcoholic, which kinda should go without saying. He's a fun drunk, however.

If this thread digresses too much, I may have to move it to off-topic!

Also, I'm more a 'fancy' rum kinda guy. None of that 151 for me. I want to taste my rum and enjoy it.

You can taste 151....goes down like...flavored gasoline. I have evolved to Single Malt Scotch and Rye. Rye being Sazarac. Found a new Texas Rye Devils River, made with Spring water no oily sort of residue. Goes down smooth. Sazarac is New Orleans original. American took over Sazarac Coffee House from the Frenchies. He got rid of the Cognac in a cocktail they had a had a Rye made. Now called a Sazarac.

So you can go to Sazarac, order a Sazarac and it's made with Sazarac Rye. A place across the River in KY was where I found the Sazarac only gets a few bottles a year. He now has a special Bottle in a case no price listed, but sits next to a Rye going for 300 bucks.

Oh and a note, this evening just installed a 3.5 inch TFT screen onto a PI 3 model A+. Seems I need to grab a stylus now.

flavored gasoline

LOL that sums it up nicely.

I've consumed enough of it for a lifetime. Man, and the Everclear... That's a blackout waiting to happen.

Members online