Today's article is about graphically examining your system's logs.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
It may look familiar, as it was on the old site. It has been cleaned up, edited, formatted to fit the new site, etc...

Feedback is awesome, though it's the 24h of Le Mans this weekend. So, I'll be in and out, with varied levels of attention.

my log shows as below....all for 22nd August 2021 (today)
The same bunch or errors (5 of them) repeat over and over and over....~~~

journald Log --KSystemlog..png

24h of Le Mans first

Logs 2nd (maybe even third?)

my log shows as below....all for 22nd August 2021 (today)

View attachment 10125
If I remember correctly that has to do something with your kernel using certain functions that the BIOS doesn't support so doesn't have. I had the same on my old desktop, I read somewhere that if you update your BIOS that it should solve those errors.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I quite enjoyed that movie with Matt Damon and Christian Bale.

I don't want to watch the movie. I've known of the story for a long, long time. Now there's 'fake' fanboys who know only the story due to watching the movie. So, it kinda annoys me.

Hmm... It may be overkill, but you could (if updating BIOS isn't an option) disabling ACPI during the boot process. Though, if it's not actually breaking anything, you could just ignore the errors.

I have quite the panache for ignoring things that bother me......sounds like a plan

There is no breakage happening

I will have a peek at updating bios.....I have a memory that the option is not there.

I have a memory that the option is not there.

In my experience, OEMs only provide BIOS updates for a short while - meaning that they only make *new* updates for that time. You can usually download 'em long after that, but they won't be recent.

Latest posts