Today's article is about memory - again - but *finally* covers the 'free' command.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I probably should have written this one way sooner than I wrote the more advanced memory management/information articles. Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose.

Either way, even more importantly, I think I've fully resolved the voting and the image expansion issues. They should work again in most browsers. I don't want to discuss how long that took!

On a more positive note... I actually got paid from Google's AdSense. Amusingly, a goodly portion of the AdSense money is from a couple of other sites I have that used to have ads on them. (The ads were like $0.12 a week so I just removed the clutter and resigned myself to just covering the costs myself.) So, that 'ad revenue' sat in Google's coffers since 2017 and 2018. Still... The important part is that the ads actually paid some money! Woohoo! I'm gonna be rich! (Until we divide that figure by the hours invested...) It's against Google's rules to entice, ask, or encourage people to click ads - but you can say that you're 'ad supported'. I wonder if you can add 'poorly' to that?

Anyhow, feedback is awesome.

Also, if you ever wondered what Google Analytics thinks of you... They're not too far off. And this is with most of y'all blocking as much as you can from leaking out.

Selection_061.png

For some reason, Google thinks the site is a 'high traffic site' now. Well, the description came with the site getting 2000 visitors (from Google) in 28 days. That seems pretty low to call 'high', but who am I to judge?

Also, 37% of my site's traffic is Windows and iOS (with iOS being just ~3.5%).

I do not know why. Maybe it's from people looking to use Linux? I mean, I can hope so.

Nice article and congrats for the revenue!

LOL Thanks! If things grow linearly, it'll even cover my hosting costs!

(The site's on some pretty robust hosting.)

LOL Maybe some day it'll cover a little of my time!

Staff online