Today's article is about timing a command in the terminal.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
It's a short and easy one. I almost forgot to share it here. (I'll also be pretty occupied over the next few days.)

As always, feedback makes the articles better. And yes, I know that's a pretty sloppy way to repeatedly echo something in the terminal.

David, just looking to register at the site and the warning about password syntax flashes on and off a bit quickly to absorb,you might want to give that 10 seconds or so.

Was it 8 characters, with one uppercase and one lowercase letter, and one special character?

Ta

Wiz

Ah, thanks. I'll take a look at it when I get a minute. Today is going to be pretty busy. I have to fit in a Lubuntu meeting among other things.

@wizardfromoz

Well, that was an ordeal. There's a grumpy plugin that refused to accept the settings. (I have password complexity disabled for anyone who isn't an admin.) It just didn't respect those settings. Some hammering and swearing, and the job was done.

Everything should work as expected and you can use any password you want. Note: reCAPTCHA is enabled as I had to undo some other settings to make it work properly and then it decided that it was going to show a CAPTCHA no matter what. It's a horrible plugin, but I like the features when they actually work.

The site is still a work in progress, though it's mostly functional. There are a few more features I have waiting to test. Ping me when you have an account and I'll set ya up as an editor if you want.

Members online