Today's article is another swap article.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
1. I was pretty busy with a poor connection, so I wanted something quick and easy.
2. I figured I'd cover this before I forgot.
3. I don't really think I've ever needed to know this information.

So, with that in mind, you can clear your swap, that is remove the contents and start anew. People have asked this question, that is how to do so. I'm just providing the answer. It's probably mostly harmless, though I suppose it could actually slow them down a bit as much of the same data would be written back to swap as the kernel dictated. The kernel is also perfectly capable of swapping swap, that is changing what's in the swap file. It doesn't need to be cleared out - in my opinion.

I do love me some feedback. My connectivity is in question. So, there's that.

One liner commands are a real gem!

With the connectivity issue that's going on is it related to high winds?

I lost power a few times last week due to the high winds and heavy rain. The wifi was laggy so I had to wait.

One liner commands are a real gem!

If they then want, they can alias it to something they'll remember.

With the connectivity issue that's going on is it related to high winds?

I've been using cellular data for the past year. Winds don't tend to impact it much, unless the wind takes out the power.

In this case, I seem to have resolved the issue by relocating the phone that I use as a hotspot. I moved it a mere three feet and rebooted the phone a third or fourth time.

If they then want, they can alias it to something they'll remember.

I've been using cellular data for the past year. Winds don't tend to impact it much, unless the wind takes out the power.

In this case, I seem to have resolved the issue by relocating the phone that I use as a hotspot. I moved it a mere three feet and rebooted the phone a third or fourth time.
Glad it's resolved for you.
It can be pretty furstrating when access to the internet get's interrupted.

Aren't hotstop's a security risk?

Aren't hotstop's a security risk?

No more so than any other wireless connectivity. It has all the security you'd have with your regular router. Heck, I can even SSH to other devices over my cell phone. It's no less secure (using the same exact specs) as your wireless router is at home.

That and you're gonna look REALLY funny if you're trying to hack my wireless. I'm gonna notice you (and your 'cantenna' isn't going to help) sitting in my driveway. I'd be hard pressed to even shoot a neighbor's house with a .50 BMG round.

Heck, the phone's signal is even weaker. So, it's even more secure.

If you're gonna 'hack' my wireless, you might just as well knock on the door and ask to come inside while you try. It'd be less awkward and we're pretty welcoming people. Plus, I have all sorts of fun things to play with and am pretty good about sharing my toys.

It also technically calls it a hotspot even when it's tethered by USB. Mine is not... Mine is wireless, supporting WPA2 PSK or whatever the heck is the latest. You gotta know a pretty decent password or be able to brute force it. It's a pretty complex password, so good luck with that!

I can't speak to all phones, but mine has all the same security protocols my regular wifi has.

LOL And as if by way of magic...

My network connectivity is limited again. It's enough to stream a video or browse. Doing both is not necessarily possible if the site's are very large.

I can either browse or I can stream live TV at probably 720 bit.

I haven't changed anything, so hopefully it'll fix itself. It could also mean the tower's busy right now. It's not like I have multiple towers to choose from. No... No, that's just not a realistic option.

It might be time to make peace with the DSL provider.

Members online

Latest posts