Today's article is really only useful if you deal with password protected PDFs.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
This is how to remove said password. I get a password protected PDF every month, sometimes more often. That's a bit annoying.

Feedback is awesome, though I admit it's a pretty small group of people who are gonna care.

I get these from work quite a bit - so I strip the password send it back corrected - office says "How do you do that" - my answer "Ancient Chinese Secret"

my answer "Ancient Chinese Secret"

LOL I get at least one per month, but it's something I reference more than once a month. So, I do away with the passwords and use it as an opportunity to change the file names to suit my needs. It's financial information, but there's no real reason to password protect the documents - at least not in my case. I've asked to get the files named like I prefer and without password protection, but policy is policy and I might as well not upset their workflow.

I just change the password and send it back. :p

LOL You can do that with the same tool! It's even in the article!

Alas, they don't want the file back when they send it to me. It's also not the same password every time, it's a password based off some information and the date. So, if I don't strip the password quickly, I may have to work at it to figure out the password later on.

Members online