torrent download problem

Wizzard_of_LInux

Reaction score
Credits
i have linux kali (the newest version) and i cant dowload any torrent and install it by theterminal... To sum up i want some commands for the terminal (program qbittorrent)

G'day from another Wizard :)

Neither an expert in Kali, nor torrents, but is there an outcome for

Code:
man qbittorrent

?

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

BTW - moving this to Kali

i just use a client like KTotterent i'm sure kali also has client torrerent; however I can get
it : https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/network/qbittorrent/

So will get pkg and give it a try from slackware. If i get anyware with it (probably next week) will let you know

i cant dowload any torrent and install it by theterminal... To sum up i want some commands for the terminal

This seems to be 2 different things - downloading and installing.

Can you download? Does something appear in your Downloads folder?

Can you give us an example of what you want to install? Where from? Particularly what extensions we are talking about?

https://geekdroids.com/qbittorrent-stalled/?

According to this:

qbittorrent only has partial support in the terminal.

Deluge and transmission have better integration with the terminal.
So if you want to manage torrents from the terminal, they might be better options!

Despite being a terminal-junky I’ve really only used transmission, deluge and ktorrent in the GUI. Never thought to try them in the terminal, so I don’t know what commands are available.

I’d imagine in most cases it will involve running your torrent Client from the terminal and passing some parameters. Unless they have some companion tools for doing things.

The best way to find out will be to RTFM.

I’ve got torrent files for some video tutorials I bought on humblebundle.com, so I might fire up my laptop later and see what can be done from the terminal!!

I might have misread (Aspie :)) the OP's OP.

Wizzard can you clarify -

Did you want to run QBitTorrent totally from the Terminal instead of its GUI, and then install downloaded packages from the Terminal?

OR

Did you want to use the GUI, and then install the resultant packages from Terminal?

Also

What errors, if any, are you experiencing with what you have tried so far?

Cheers

Wizard

Members online