Total desconfiguration on Xubuntu

A

afonsodelcb

Hi. first post here, not even sure if I'm doing this correctly in the correct place, but I have a big problem: I installed xubuntu in my machine. everything went well the first go, and it asked me to update
when I accepted it, it crashed. I restarted the pc, and my keyboard had the wrong characters working (it was a portuguese keyboard but it though it was an english keyboard), my internal mouse didn't work, and my wireless connection was gone. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
EDIT: I have fixed the mouse and keyboard, but still no wireless connection. it just doesn't detect any networks, and I'm 100% sure I'm in a place with internet.

Last edited:

Well, first thing to do is make sure you've got a driver installed for your wireless device. If it's a pci card, run lspci with the -k option, which will tell you what kernel module is handling that device. Maybe the update eliminated that module.

If it's usb, go to /sys/bus/drivers, and look for your wireless device there.

Once you know whether you've got a driver or not, you can go further.

Well, first thing to do is make sure you've got a driver installed for your wireless device. If it's a pci card, run lspci with the -k option, which will tell you what kernel module is handling that device. Maybe the update eliminated that module.

If it's usb, go to /sys/bus/drivers, and look for your wireless device there.

Once you know whether you've got a driver or not, you can go further.
I just decided to format it again. I will update this post after its done

I formated it again, updated it, and now everything is fine. Thanks anyway :p

Members online