Touchpad Keeps Stops Working While Using Keyboard

blackneos940

Reaction score
Credits
Hey guys!..... :3 How are ya.....? :3 So I fired up Minecraft today, and started a new World..... Everything was going alright until I tried to turn while walking..... :< Oh noes!..... :3 For context, I'm running Lubuntu 19.04, with the Plasma 5 Desktop Environment..... :3 The Laptop is one my Mom gave me, and it's an HP EliteBook 8470p, with a Synaptics Touchpad..... :) I tried un-checking "Disable Touchpad While Typing", running
Code:
settings set org.gnome.desktop.peripherals.touchpad disable-while-typing false
, but nothing's working..... :< I even ran
Code:
syndaemon -i 1 -K -d
, but alas, no dice..... :( Any ideas guys.....? :3 Also, I plan on playing Minetest on this thing too, 'cuz they have outer space in it and all..... Plus, it's a fun game as well...... :3 Thanks for any replies guys..... :3

Thats normal, that also happens on raspbian, arch, manjaro, windows...

Just use a mouse that will be more fun.
:)

Thats normal, that also happens on raspbian, arch, manjaro, windows...

Just use a mouse that will be more fun.
:)
I wish I could..... :3 But alas, I have not enough room to use one..... :< It's weird, as I haven't had problems before.....

Thats normal, that also happens on raspbian, arch, manjaro, windows..

Now THAT's interesting?

Adam, can you give us the output for

Code:
xinput --list

?

On Lubuntu, you will likely have to install xinput first.

Wiz

Now THAT's interesting?

Adam, can you give us the output for

Code:
xinput --list

?

On Lubuntu, you will likely have to install xinput first.

Wiz
Here ya go!..... :3

Code:
 Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ PS/2 Generic Mouse                          id=11    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                  id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus                                   id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button                                id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP HD Webcam [Fixed]: HP HD Web             id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                id=10    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP Wireless hotkeys                         id=13    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP WMI hotkeys                              id=14    [slave  keyboard (3)]

Yeah, this Laptop works BEAUTIFULLY with Linux, as you can tell..... :3 It's just that ONE problem I have..... :3

Thanks for the output Adam.

Before we go on, I would strongly urge you to install Timeshift and run a full, on demand snapshot, if you have not already done so.

We don't want to brick an otherwise good working system without a fallback. And there are so many variables with audio/video, wifi, peripheral devices that are essential such as pointing devices and keyboards - if you don't have Timeshift on, re-visit my Thread at

https://www.linux.org/threads/timeshift-similar-solutions-safeguard-recover-your-linux.15241/

and ask me any questions there.

If you are not sure if you have the room to set up a Timeshift partition on your Lubuntu box, give us the output for

Code:
df -ah /dev/sdxy

Where x and y are the alpha and numeric descriptors for your root partition, that is, your File System.

Also

Code:
sudo fdisk /dev/sdx

# followed by entering

F

Where my Lubuntu is, on /dev/sda2, it shows as

Code:
chris@LubuntuMBR-HDD:~$ df -ah /dev/sda2
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda2        20G  5.9G   13G  32% /

and with the 2nd command

Code:
Command (m for help): F

Unpartitioned space /dev/sda: 1.8 TiB, 1914496352256 bytes, 3739250688 sectors

Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes

Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes

Start        End    Sectors  Size

125831168  251660287  125829120   60G

293607424 3907028991 3613421568  1.7T

Thanks Mate.

As a flag of my intentions, I am brainstorming here, but looking to establish whether your Synaptics touchpad has certain capabilities, whether it is being handled by a Synaptics package or by libinput, etc.

Wiz

Thanks for the output Adam.

Before we go on, I would strongly urge you to install Timeshift and run a full, on demand snapshot, if you have not already done so.

We don't want to brick an otherwise good working system without a fallback. And there are so many variables with audio/video, wifi, peripheral devices that are essential such as pointing devices and keyboards - if you don't have Timeshift on, re-visit my Thread at

https://www.linux.org/threads/timeshift-similar-solutions-safeguard-recover-your-linux.15241/

and ask me any questions there.

If you are not sure if you have the room to set up a Timeshift partition on your Lubuntu box, give us the output for

Code:
df -ah /dev/sdxy

Where x and y are the alpha and numeric descriptors for your root partition, that is, your File System.

Also

Code:
sudo fdisk /dev/sdx

# followed by entering

F

Where my Lubuntu is, on /dev/sda2, it shows as

Code:
chris@LubuntuMBR-HDD:~$ df -ah /dev/sda2
/dev/sda2        20G  5.9G   13G  32% /

and with the 2nd command

Code:
Command (m for help): F

Unpartitioned space /dev/sda: 1.8 TiB, 1914496352256 bytes, 3739250688 sectors

Start        End    Sectors  Size

125831168  251660287  125829120   60G

293607424 3907028991 3613421568  1.7T

Thanks Mate.

As a flag of my intentions, I am brainstorming here, but looking to establish whether your Synaptics touchpad has certain capabilities, whether it is being handled by a Synaptics package or by libinput, etc.

Wiz
Ok, sorry I took so long to respond..... :3 I reinstalled everything, put Kubuntu on the Hard Drive I switched my old one with (it's a WD Blue! :D), and even got to re-install Windows 10, and the Windows 7 Pro Product Key sticker beneath the Battery got me Windows 10 Pro!..... :3 Anywho, everything is fine now, as this seems to be a Lubuntu problem..... :\ Weird..... But I'll have a look at Timeshift, and, as you requested, here's the output of the Commands you told me to enter..... :3

Code:

/dev/sda2       216G   66G  139G  33% /
[/CODE]

And

Code:
Disk /dev/sda: 465.8 GiB, 500107862016 bytes, 976773168 sectors

I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes

Disklabel type: dos

Disk identifier: 0x00000000