Troubleshooting KVM guest's anaconda installer logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalu Agarwal

Reaction score
Credits
I am trying to install RHEL7.9 KVM guest on Ubuntu 18.04 Azure VM. The anaconda installer fails due to some error but the virt-viewer screen got closed so fast, I was unable to read what is the exact error. I know all anaconda logs get stored in /tmp/anaconda.log file on the KVM guest disk image but I am unable to figure out a way to check the contents of the file. I tried mounting the KVM guest disk image using "mount -o loop .img " command but it fails with NTFS signature is missing, thats probably because the installation fails before the KVM guest's disk is partitioned properly. I am looking for ways to check the contents of that file. Is there any way to redirect the anaconda logs of the guest machine to the Ubuntu host machine ? Attaching the virt-install script and kickstart file used. The RHEL7.9 installation media was downloaded from https://developers.redhat.com/products/rhel/download site.

v

Attachments

• ks-rhel79-oralce.cfg.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 388
  • virt-install.sh.txt
    413 bytes · Views: 424

I was going through this bugzilla ticket: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=576439 and the comment by "MingtaoNiu" at "2010-11-15 02:27:57 UTC" lists the steps needed to configure remote anaconda logging via virtio.
I am unable to clone this repo, "git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/anaconda.gitanaconda". When I run this git clone command, it just shows "Cloning into 'anaconda.gitanaconda'... " and then nothing.

Its not a very simple process, has this process got improved by now ?

"fedorahosted.org was retired on March 1st, 2017."

Can you please point me to the new link ?
How hard is it to use a search engine? As for the bugzilla link you posted, they literally linked to a guide there that explains how to do virtio remote logging. Lastly if you are using RHEL you must be paying for a subscription and can therefore make them work for their money and create a support ticket.

Can you please point me to the new link ?

No. I'd rather spend my time doing what I need to do.

Do your own research.

You're the one with the project you're working on. I'd have no idea what was what, as I'm entirely unfamiliar with what you're doing.

Use a search engine.

No. I'd rather spend my time doing what I need to do.

Do your own research.

You're the one with the project you're working on. I'd have no idea what was what, as I'm entirely unfamiliar with what you're doing.

Use a search engine.

If you really feel your time is too valuable, then you should not bother even reply this. Really hope online community has better folks than you two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online