Try Linux distros online

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Sweet! Thanks!

Now I can finally update my article about which distro is right for you. I'd thought about using OnWorks as the link, but they only offered a few choices.

Nice , thanks.

It appears that I might be the only one facing this issue, but the lack of internet really limits my capabilities when trying to get a good feel for this. The absence of online connectivity substantially restricts the range of functions I can access and the operations I can perform, making it challenging to fully evaluate and appreciate the product.

My primary concern regarding cloud distributions is the noticeable lag I've experienced. This latency often detracts from the overall user experience and makes the system feel less responsive. In my opinion, I might find it more beneficial to simply install a Virtual Machine to try out the distribution. The VM approach offers more control and, in my experience, tends to provide a smoother, lag-free user experience.

I was going to try Slackware but declined. LOL, I wanted to see how much I could take from the oodles of programs it comes with such as Joe's Editor with Wordstar keystroke shortcuts. I had forgotten about most of them since I abandoned the Turbo Pascal v3 editor which was very good for its day. (mid-1980's)

My Internet connection might not be fast enough for that site.

A little slow, but nonetheless It could help the newbie make a final selection, the only thing that would be a big negative, being cloud/online, when you test any distribution, everything will work . As it will not check your machine components and drivers and so give a false positive.

I tried it. It was too slow to be useful.

All too often, I would wait for the next step, get distracted while waiting, and then turn back to see that it had disconnected. At some point it was finally ready and waiting for my input, but then it timed out and disconnected due to lack of activity.

It would have been far faster and easier for me to download interesting .isos and run them in a virtual machine. (Yes, I understand that some people have slow connections or download data caps.)