Trying to Get a Switch Pro Controller to work via USB

ToadmanX4

Reaction score
Credits
So I'm having trouble figuring out how to install the HID-Nintendo driver on my system. I'm at this page (https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11441647/) and I've downloaded the pwclient program from the site's About page, but I'm stuck on what to do next with the pwclient script or how to apply the HID patch.

I think that the patch has to be built in order to install it.
At least that's what I think I understand after reading this article.

What is the name of that file?

Did anything else come with that file? Maybe a ReadMe file?

Here are some patch command examples. I think this will help you how to understand how to copy, edit and use the diff command. BTW, this is new to me as I've never applied a patch before.

I think the basics are,but depends on your distro download kernel source .feed in patch keep existing kernel configuration .compile kernel. I played with compiling a kernel took about 20 mins ,cant remember what less I did but got output of "tainted kernel".I decided it's not for the faint hearted! I kept some notes not sure if it would help.one thing though is that the approach should be to have a backup original kernel vmlinuz with appropriate links init stuff to boot from if you mess up need up. what distro are you using

Last edited:
That's up to you if you want to post to a different forum.

Anyway those links that I posted will teach you what to do to install a patch.
Did you read through the links I posted for you?

What distro are you using?

Sorry, I only skimmed through them because I was short on time, but I can read them more in-depth later. I use Linux Mint 20.

Sorry, I only skimmed through them because I was short on time, but I can read them more in-depth later. I use Linux Mint 20.
Ok, those 2 links should help.
Let me know how it goes.

Latest posts