trying to install stremio_4.4.135-1_amd64.deb on Pardus 19.5

da_ghost

Reaction score
Credits
Hi Guys,

I need some yoda level guru help I think.

I am running Pardus 19.5 linux which is Arch based but does not have pacman. if I am not mistaken.

I downloaded stremio_4.4.135-1_amd64.deb, to try and install it. but I could not make it work.

my error message reads ERROR! Dependency is not satisfiable: libmpv1 (>=0.30.0)

I have tried a multitude of solutions to a null result. I am a bit of a fresh fish when it comes to linux, so you are gonna have to explain it as if you are talking to 10 year old.

I prefer to use terminal not GUI, I like to practice the commands. I like the repetition of it, helps me remember.

If any of you have the time to help me understand what I am doing rather than shooting in the dark, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

G'day @da_ghost and welcome to linux.org :)

You're in the wrong subforum, mate.

Pardus is based on Debian 10. Where did you get Arch-based from?

I'll move you to the right spot.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

That's OK, everybody begins somewhere, if they didn't nothing would get finished :)

I have to go but I'll be back when I can.

@wizardfromoz

I read some where to avoid using flatpak like the plague.

But...

After 3 weeks of searching for a solution. I found a solution by trying flatpak out.

instructions on the stremio website

so I thank you for your time.

Hey, that's great news, you'll make me redundant yet and I can retire to a tropical beach and sip mint juleps :)

Happy viewing.

BTW I'll modify the thread title to reflect Debian-based as housekeeping.

Cheers

Wiz

I read some where to avoid using flatpak like the plague.

This is a good teaching moment.

Don't trust everything you read. Anyone can opine and write something online. Then, if you see such a thing at a forum, you'll have selection bias. Those who agree will chime in while those who disagree will not want to waste their time trying to argue the point.

Flatpaks can be just fine and making use of them is not necessarily a bad thing. It's a choice you make, just like with Snaps, AppImages, and every other software packaging method.

I write for a website. It's mine. I dread the idea of giving out bad advise or misinformation. Not everyone is like that. Not every site invests the time to care about things like that. Not every person is presenting factual information, some are presenting opinions disguised as facts.

Members online

Latest posts