Trying to move files from gnomeBoxes virtual machine to usb or host using ssh

Lx_pollywog

Reaction score
Credits
Host = Bunsenlabs [debian]
gnomeBoxes.= mxLinux [debian], linuxLite [ubuntu]
Both vm's similar error messages.

1- If usb option turned on in Boxes it will show usb content but is not acessible & window closes as soon as any action taken. ADD-IN: Noticed i can open images, i get viideo thumbs but no play

2-Ssh returns:
System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.
Failed to create bus connection: Host is down

These screens are from gnomeBoxes..mxlinux[debian] vm terminal host is Bunsenlabs[debian]
bug-2.png

bug-3.png

Last edited:

Please can somebody help, i wish...
I just want to set up my linux environment so i can then start learning code

If someone with GNOME Boxes experience could help this Member, that would be appreciated.

Cheers

Wizard

I would have helped but I don't have any experience with gnomeboxes, running QEMU/KVM here.

There is a 6 step solution on this page:

Hi again. I remember trying this Stackexange /AskUbuntu post before asking here.
Again non applicable because i don't have the same options in my vm panel as in the 6 steps.
There is only the Usb Device on/off
The "" 3) At the bottom of the Devices and Shares tab, under "Folder Shares" is non existent.
The closest thing i can find is in Gemeral tab 'Share Clipboard' on/off

Hi again. I remember trying this 'Ask' post before asking here.
Again non applicable because i don't have the same options in my vm panel as in the 6 steps.
There is only the Usb Device on/off
The "" 3) At the bottom of the Devices and Shares tab, under "Folder Shares" is non existent.
The closest thing i can find is in Gemeral tab 'Share Clipboard' on/off
Since you don't have the same options as in the 6 steps that makes it very hard.

Try turning the USB device on and see if you can find it in the General tab under Share Clipboard on.
IF that doesn't work try turning the USB device off and than look under general tab and see if it shows there with Clipboard on or off.

IF that fails you may want to install Virtual Box. That way you will have more options.

Since you don't have the same options as in the 6 steps that makes it very hard.

Try turning the USB device on and see if you can find it in the General tab under Share Clipboard on.
IF that doesn't work try turning the USB device off and than look under general tab and see if it shows there with Clipboard on or off.

IF that fails you may want to install Virtual Box. That way you will have more options.
Yes don't remember if i tried that. I will have to try on the actual thread if stackexange is free,
I have sent a message to the official Boxes pages, which feels maybe un-attended.
Wow how little did they intend for their app, bit sorry. Linux monk building nerves of steel :)
It's funny how i just wanted to set up and start coding, so much extra-extra

Alexzee
How to Mount Physical USB Devices in a VirtualBox VM

Now that's a VirtualBox tutorial. this is endless..scaterbrain.
And i had read KMV was better because it is somehow 'native' to the Kernel.
Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Alexzee
How to Mount Physical USB Devices in a VirtualBox VM

Now that's a VirtualBox tutorial. this is endless..scaterbrain.
And i had read KMV was better because it is somehow 'native' to the Kernel.
Thanks
[/QUOTE]
You're welcome-:)

Members online

Latest posts