Trying to Transfer Music onto Sandisk Clip Sport Plus (SOLVED)

I had the same problem and found no real resolution except to run both the following two commands (one after the other) at the command line, and that mounted the stupid device so I could move/delete/copy/etc the files from Nemo (and the command line, for that matter). Since I have to do this once a week or so on more than 1 device to update the files, I put these in a simple Bash script, like this:

Bash:
#/bin/bash
sudo parted -l
sudo lsblk -f

It's a stupid fix but it's been working on my system for a few years now and I got tired of wasting time looking for more reasonable solutions on this device.

Thanks for posting this! I just purchased a new SanDisk Clip Sport because I'm weird and still like having a separate MP3 player; the old Sony Walkman from 2009 finally died. I knew it might be a pain getting it to work on Linux, but was was pleasantly surprised to find this response and see that it works for me on Pop!_OS 22.04. Do you know why merely listing the partition and file system info allows the device to automagically mount?

Thanks for posting this! I just purchased a new SanDisk Clip Sport because I'm weird and still like having a separate MP3 player

It's not weird to break away from the herd of sheeple addicted to their smart devices. In fact, the more people who do the same, the better. No more invasive technology, no more mass data mining, and no more spyware, among other things. The only caveat is the cell phone providers are legally required to bug your phone.

If your device uses a FAT type file-system and it only plays the files in the order they were transferred to the device - you can also use fatsort to sort your MP3’s alphabetically.
Bash:
sudo fatsort -n /dev/sdx
, where /dev/sdx is the path to the device (which must be inserted, but not mounted).

Members online