Turning off automatically

davidarthur

Reaction score
Credits
I have purchased a laptop for my outdoor basketball gaming and it has Linux operating system. The problem I got several days ago is the laptop turns off automatically when i am playing the game. Is it from the Linux side or have a technical issue with my laptop?

I have purchased a laptop for my outdoor basketball gaming and it has Linux operating system.

I'm not sure that a laptop is the best choice for basketball. Man, they can't even dunk! (I kid... I kid...)

The problem I got several days ago is the laptop turns off automatically when i am playing the game.

First, we have no idea which Linux you're running. Nor do we know which version of that Linux. We don't know what desktop you're using, or anything like that.

So...

Can you elaborate on this?

You're outside playing basketball and the laptop is off to the side somewhere. While you're playing the game, the laptop powers down.

Is that an accurate assessment? If so, that's probably the expected behavior. Check your power management settings, including any battery management settings that may turn the laptop off sooner while it is on battery power. Without knowing which distro you use, or your desktop environment, we have no idea how you would go about making those changes.

Please see the second link in my signature.

Dead thread - OP has not been active for 9 months.

Is it safe to assume you were responding to a now-deleted comment?

Members online

Latest posts