Turtle In Acrylics

Alexzee

Reaction score
Credits
Hi: Mates

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year.

To start off the new year I decided to challenge myself with acrylics and paint a turtle.

After 21 years of painting in oils I think I'll stick with acrylics from now on.

This painting is 22 x 28 on cotton canvas. Let me know what you guys think--

Turtle Finished.jpg

It took about 16 hours to paint this painting. Now, I'm taking a break-

Nice. I can draw a few things (enough to impress a lady and no more). I appreciate the time people put into some of their pieces.

Nice. I can draw a few things (enough to impress a lady and no more). I appreciate the time people put into some of their pieces.
Thanks David-:)

I might paint a wolf next, I'll see.

What's your favorite animal?

What's your favorite animal?

I dunno? I don't really have a favorite. Venison is delicious and my dog likes to pretend he's a lapdog, but I don't really have a favorite. Maybe the South American 3 toed sloth? The North American Wolverine is pretty awesome. The weird pistol shrimp is kinda neat, but there are tons of neat animals in the oceans.

I never really thought of one as my favorite. If it's ever some sort of mandatory question, I say Golden Retriever 'cause that's the kind of dog I always get. The octopus family is full of all sorts of smart critters, as are crows. Crows even have generational knowledge.

I dunno? I don't really have a favorite. Venison is delicious and my dog likes to pretend he's a lapdog, but I don't really have a favorite. Maybe the South American 3 toed sloth? The North American Wolverine is pretty awesome. The weird pistol shrimp is kinda neat, but there are tons of neat animals in the oceans.

I never really thought of one as my favorite. If it's ever some sort of mandatory question, I say Golden Retriever 'cause that's the kind of dog I always get. The octopus family is full of all sorts of smart critters, as are crows. Crows even have generational knowledge.
Venison is one of my favorites.
I used to go hunting with my father.

Thanks for the ideas.
I'll have a look online at some pic's of Golden Retrievers.

Here's some of my most recent work.

A Tiger in acrylics and a Wolf in colored pencil.

Tiger Finished.jpg

Flow 2.JPG

Members online