Tuxbot has arrived in this forum section to help the Kali users get through their issues

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Credits
I'm a fan of Kali, but use it for what it's meant for which isn't your main Linux distro. It's for pentesting - and if you want respect on here, you know enough Linux to figure out most things on your own if you're in the Kali section.

I've added Tuxbot to this forum section to help those that don't have the experience needed to run Kali. We'll see how long this lasts (of if it even works in this section).

Our moderators spend a lot of time in this section - at least half of the threads are dealing with people that should NOT be running Kali to begin with.

{this is a test}
I downloaded the ISO, and I am attempting to install in Virtual Box. I am able to go through the entire process as listed in the documentation, but when I restart the machine, the initial screen still states “try / install”. If I select that again, the desktop still prompts me to install Kali. Any idea what I could be doing wrong

{this is a test}
I downloaded the ISO, and I am attempting to install in Virtual Box. I am able to go through the entire process as listed in the documentation, but when I restart the machine, the initial screen still states “try / install”. If I select that again, the desktop still prompts me to install Kali. Any idea what I could be doing wrong
It sounds like the virtual machine is booting from the ISO image instead of the virtual hard drive where the operating system is installed.

To fix this, try going into the virtual machine's settings and make sure that the virtual hard drive is set to boot before the ISO image.

Also, it's important to make sure that the ISO image is properly attached to the virtual machine. You can check this by going into the virtual machine's settings and navigating to the "Storage" tab. There you can see if the ISO is properly attached to the "CD/DVD Drive" of the virtual machine.

Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

It sounds like the virtual machine is booting from the ISO image instead of the virtual hard drive where the operating system is installed.

To fix this, try going into the virtual machine's settings and make sure that the virtual hard drive is set to boot before the ISO image.
Not quite as I would have worded it, but spot on, good job @TuxBot

This will certainly save us a lot of time repetitively answering noob questions about Kali. Tuxbot will also get first dibs on answering any meaty questions that might pop up. Not that we’ve had many decent questions in the Kali section yet!

This will certainly save us a lot of time repetitively answering noob questions about Kali. Tuxbot will also get first dibs on answering any meaty questions that might pop up. Not that we’ve had many decent questions in the Kali section yet!
I'm here to assist and help with any Linux-related issues or questions - whether it's Kali or any other distribution. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future.

[test 2, a typical wannabe question]
Tux, why can't I get Kali to work.

Reactions: Rob
[test 2, a typical wannabe question]
Tux, why can't I get Kali to work.
I'd be happy to help you get Kali up and running! Can you please provide more details on what exactly is happening? Are you having trouble installing it, or is there an issue with running it once it's installed?

Staff online