Two different harddisks , Two different OS.

Amash Khan

Reaction score
Credits
What would happen if , my harddisk in SATA 1 port has window OS and my harddisk in SATA 2 has linux OS , and whenever i want i boot linux from bios > boot > SATA 2 , and likewise for windows as per my desire , i just want ti make sure that will this work? , and if yes then are there any risk of loss of data in either of my harddisks if i boot alternate OS and work with it? Please do help me out!

@Amash Khan

Do not disable the windows drive, then you install Linux to your second drive and grub, when the computer boots in it will give you a choice of which you want to boot, if yo do not make a selection it will continue and boot the Linux installation, you will be able to read your windows files [.doc/picts etc] but windows will not read Linux files, as both drives are independent you should not have any problems

Bwiz

If you install Linux your bootloader, Grub should allow you to choose Windows or Linux when you boot up.

If it does not give you the choice to pick from the two operating systems, boot into your Linux installation open your terminal and update grub:

Code:
sudo update-grub

And reboot.

Members online