Two separate drives, 1 linux second drive, 1st drive Windows 10

A fun find. After doing a fresh install of Win 10 on another drive I was able to go into the bad drive and retrieve all my stuff. I then did a long format of that drive and cloned the current drive back to my original drive. I then installed Mint on the same drive w windows (this I really like). Mint gives me the option to boot IT or Win 10. I backed up a disc image of the drive externally and the next day I restored the image. It gave me My win 10 back exactly as it was when I imaged it and also left Mint intact as well. Now I have a generic Dual Boot w both OS working just fine. So much to learn about Linux. Cant beat free Software that can run your machine and do it well!

A fun find. After doing a fresh install of Win 10 on another drive I was able to go into the bad drive and retrieve all my stuff. I then did a long format of that drive and cloned the current drive back to my original drive. I then installed Mint on the same drive w windows (this I really like). Mint gives me the option to boot IT or Win 10. I backed up a disc image of the drive externally and the next day I restored the image. It gave me My win 10 back exactly as it was when I imaged it and also left Mint intact as well. Now I have a generic Dual Boot w both OS working just fine. So much to learn about Linux. Cant beat free Software that can run your machine and do it well!
Congratulations on your dual boot.

Enjoy your Linux and the rest of the weekend.

Members online

Latest posts