Ubuntu 30gb at biggest?

T

thelowbudget

Ubuntu only gave me the option of a 30gb HD space allocation in the wubi installer I want to expand it to at least 80 GB because I plan to develop and run games and programs with linux as well as web development. The hd space is crucial to my needs especially involving games. When I install plain Ubuntu (not one of the other options) Is there a certain control panel that would allow me to extend the partition of this O.S. from within or something or does Ubuntu allow 30GB as a strict maximum. Another question is if I can read and put files for linux on my windows partition. Last but not least if anyone has yet to code a app to run windows games possibly from a emulator or something of that source or semi natively as they did with the bottles app in Mac OS that converts running code to another language it can read. It would be very helpful in my quest of running a decent gaming computer.:p

Windows applications can be run on Linux using a compatibility layer called WINE. As for the WUBI issue, I am not sure what the issue is. Does the partition contain enough space for Ubuntu to have 80GB? I am not sure, but I think you can access other partitions, but not the Windows partition. However, I may be wrong on that one.

Wine is a compatibility layer for running Windows applications inside of linux. It is not an emulator like a lot of people think. Also, WUBI is a bad way of installing ubuntu, it should be avoided as much as possible, correct me if im wrong, but wasn't the reason it was discontinued is because it just doesn't work well?

Members online