Ubuntu and Linux Mint wont load in Virtualbox

ArchlinuxAnfänger

Reaction score
Credits
Hello guys,
I try to install Linux Mint on a vm and it wont load.I also tried with ubuntu and it also wont load.I have selected the Image that i have downloaded and it it is not working:iT STUCKS WHEN I TRY TO START IT UNTIL THAT POINT YOU SEE in the Picture.

Thanks for help
and your answers

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    2.2 KB · Views: 440

This is normally a Video problem. Does your computer have a make and model, or can you give us some basic specs?

Does it have a Video card/GPU/? Which?

I have a Acer Aspire 5742g Laptop with a amd mobility Radeon 5000 series and it has a Intel core I3 370 m cpu.

If you haven't already try going into the BIOS and enable Virtualization Technology.

You may also have to enable 3D accelerations in the virtual machines settings too.

Are you trying to run 32-bit iso's or 64-bit .iso's?

It's been my experience that 32 bit .iso's run better on a 64-bit machine with a vm running.

My Bios dont havea virtualization Option.My Laptop also dont have a Uefi,it has a old Bios.It came from 2009.I will try tpo enable 3d virtualization.Ubuntu dont have a 32 bit iso you know anymore,but i will try Linux mint again.It also wont boot like ubuntu.It also have a black screen like Ubuntu

I have also heard by some research that i have to flash a custom Bios.I have the newest Acer official firmware and i dont have the virtualization firmware.

I have tried to enable 3d acelleration and to use a 32 bit iso of Linux mint,but it wont work.My bios dont have a virtualization option,but i had shown into the taskmanager un der the cpu section and it says that virtualization is active.

If your BIOS doesn't have the virtualization option than I don't know how you could enable it. Sorry.

Also if you can't enable 3D acceleration in the virtual machine settings than there isn't much else you can do that I know of.

Since your laptop is 11 years old with old BIOS maybe try installing MX Linux or Puppy Linux.

What operating system came with your Acer laptop?

What's the exact model # of your Acer?

I have a Acer Aspire 5742 g,but virtualizatiom ist active because i saw IT in enabled in the Taskmanager.I can also enable 3d Acceleration,but after i enable IT the issued wont bei fixed.

I also Had Problem with Linux natively in my Maschine.I wanted To Install IT directly in my Machines,but Network cards Had Not worked or they are many graphic Problems Like blackscreen.So i Decoder To Install Windows on IT again and Install Linux in IT and compile Linux from Scratch,because i think that IT would be the only was To geht Linux Working in the machine

I have a Acer Aspire 5742 g,but virtualizatiom ist active because i saw IT in enabled in the Taskmanager.I can also enable 3d Acceleration,but after i enable IT the issued wont bei fixed.

I also Had Problem with Linux natively in my Maschine.I wanted To Install IT directly in my Machines,but Network cards Had Not worked or they are many graphic Problems Like blackscreen.So i Decoder To Install Windows on IT again and Install Linux in IT and compile Linux from Scratch,because i think that IT would be the only was To geht Linux Working in the machine

To get around the network cards not working you could purchase a USB WiFi dongle that works out of the box with Linux.

I think you will be better of using Gentoo if you want to create a customized and optimized system. LFS is more for learning the deeper inner workings of a GNU/Linux distrubution. Why make it hard on your self when there is a distribution that already has done most of the hard work for you but does allow you to go deep enough to allow you to create a system customized for your hardware.

Doesn't Gentoo have to be built too f33dm3bits?
I have no experience with LFS and Gentoo, but I know Gentoo is similar as in setup as Arch however it is source based and you have package manager to manage the source packages that need to be built. With LFS you have to build every part of the system yourself even the package manager and also compile all the dependencies.

Members online