Ubuntu cursor does not appear on screen using latest version 22.04

You had better give some history to this problem

Is this a fresh install?

Has the cursor ever appeared?

What steps have you taken to fix this ?

Simplest things first: Is the mouse plugged in? If it's wireless, are the batteries fresh/charged?

Does the mouse work on other operating systems?

Is this a fresh install?

Ok so yes it is a fresh install and the cursor never appeared Ok and i have watched some youtube videos they all sayed go to the terminal run some commands but all commads take to a line of code Quite Splash and there I write some code which the user provides but the cursor does not appear

Is this a fresh install?

Ok so yes it is a fresh install and the cursor never appeared Ok and i have watched some youtube videos they all sayed go to the terminal run some commands but all commads take to a line of code Quite Splash and there I write some code which the user provides but the cursor
Simplest things first: Is the mouse plugged in? If it's wireless, are the batteries fresh/charged?

Seeing it is a fresh install, would you care to reinstall the OS ?

it is a touch pad in a laptop and the battery of the laptop was about 40 percent and Yes rhe mouse

Seeing it is a fresh install, would you care to reinstall the OS ?
Ok what should I do reinstall ubuntu and make a bootable Usb drive again or just reboot it using USB again with the current bootable drive.

Using the current bootable drive will hopefully be ok.....did the mouse work when you booted to the bootable usb before?.....before you actually installed ?

Using the current bootable drive will hopefully be ok.....did the mouse work when you booted to the bootable usb before?.....before you actually installed ?
Yes it was working I tried booting it with the current bootable drive but it just open the ubuntu again what is the way of reinstalling ubuntu in ubutu

It's a touchpad?

Make sure it's turned on. There's a physical button to turn the mousepad off (often times).

It'd probably help to know the make and model. It's usually a button near the mousepad itself - often on the very front of the computer. Sometimes, it's an Fn key with a stamp that kinda looks like a mouse.

I
It'd probably help to know the make and model. It's usually a button near the mousepad itself - often on the very front of the computer. Sometimes, it's an Fn key with a stamp that kinda looks like a mouse.
Don't think there is a button like this in my Laptop but I will check it out it's a lenovo laptop and when I downloaded windows it did not show this kind of problem.

Make and Model

There are various Lenovo laptops that do not play nice.

It could be of interest to download another Linux os and try it out?.....just as a bootable iso.....to see if it wo0rks there ?

Perhaps Linux Mint 20.3

Last edited:

Linux Mint Cinnamon addition process is no longer than any other.....I reinstalled LM20.3 on one of mine a couple of days ago and was up and running in under twenty minutes

Linux Mint Cinnamon addition process is no longer than any other.....I reinstalled LM20.3 on one of mine a couple of days ago and was up and running in under twenty minutes
I thought the verify iso image part is long now I am trying cinnamin addition last time because kubuntu had the same problem with the cursor.

Members online

Latest posts