Ubuntu desktop locking up

Status
Not open for further replies.

anneranch

Reaction score
Credits
Would it be possible for somebody JUST to confirm this?

On Ubuntu 21.04
when I LEFT click on the icon on the LEFT of the desktop
the PC locks up - only recovery is to power down.

And I am NOT talking about RIGHT click - thet works as expected.

when I LEFT click on the icon on the LEFT of the desktop
What Icon? What desktop? You may think all Ubuntu versions have the same icons and desktop, but that's not the case; there are hundreds of icons in a system, and more than a dozen different desktop environments, so you'll need to tell us exactly what icon and desktop you are referring to.

What Icon?
I English or any language when NOT specified means "ANY".
THere is on ONE STARDArd destop on version specigied.

What desktop?
There is only ONE Standard desktop on version specified.
It would help to read the original post.

" You'll need " ( quote ) to pay more attention before your reply contributs to the solution and not just making idle , superfluous talk.

You may think all Ubuntu versions have the same icons and desktop, but that's not the case; there are hundreds of icons in a system, and more than a dozen different desktop environments, so you'll need to tell us exactly what icon and desktop you are referring to.

What???
Then you should've said "when I click in ANY icon on the left"
There is only ONE Standard desktop on version specified.
Wrong. You didn't specify anything. It's true that Ubuntu usually ships with Gnome, but that doesn't mean everyone uses that version. So, I ask again what icon and desktop? Gnome? Any icon? This isn't helpful at all.
" You'll need " ( quote ) to pay more attention before your reply contributs to the solution and not just making idle , superfluous talk.
And you need to be more precise and polite when asking for help. I don't get paid for trying to understand whatever nonsense people write here.

Open a Terminal window and run:
Code:
dmesg -w
Left click on any desktop Icon and reproduce this bug.
Do you see any new messages in the Terminal window?
If no messages then try
Open a Terminal window and run:
Code:
journalctl -f
Left click on any desktop Icon and reproduce this bug.
Do you see any new messages in the Terminal window? please post back any messages

Last edited by a moderator:
anneranch said:

giphy-6.gif

It's contextual, but when something is not explicit, it assumes the speaker is refering to something specific, not just anything. That, and you said "the icon", not "an icon".

Chill bruh, you're not entitled to help, it's being offered. Be nice.

PS: Not meant confrontationally. Sometimes we gotta laugh at a tense situation. Gif for Scrubs fans XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online