Ubuntu got hacked

techinfozone

Reaction score
Credits
I heard the news on internet on different forums. Is it true?

Attachments

• Ubuntu_forum_Hacked.png
    Ubuntu_forum_Hacked.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 438

Was this recently, their forums have gotten hacked in the past.

Their forums and where they host their isos and where they host their repositories are on different infrastructures.

I'm calling bs....clickbait

Search Results from the last 7 days

hacked.png

The official Ubuntu forums had been hacked on three different occasions, first in July 2013, when hackers stole the details of 1.82 million users. Second in July 2016, when the data of two million users was compromised. Third, in December 2016 when Ubuntu Forums was hacked with 1.8 Million users credentials stolen.

This was all wrapped up 4 years ago.

I am removing the poll as it serves no purpose.

Cheers

Wizard

Ubuntu has lots of servers worldwide. Even if the main server gets hacked, the other servers are still safe. If you suspect that the main server gets hacked, change your settings and download the updates from their mirror servers. Like Taiwan server, if you are in Asia, or Switzerland server if you are in Europe.

HIstory, but old - and resolved.

You can roll up the fire hoses, or put away the gas cans, whichever is your choice with such stories.

Canons too ?

Ubuntu has lots of servers worldwide. Even if the main server gets hacked, the other servers are still safe. If you suspect that the main server gets hacked, change your settings and download the updates from their mirror servers. Like Taiwan server, if you are in Asia, or Switzerland server if you are in Europe.
Sorry for the panic because I have more than 5 servers running on Ubuntu.

Members online

Latest posts