Ubuntu MATE Installation

D

Deleted member 111282

After setting up the installation process in Virtualbox, I was told to restart the computer. Even though I don't have any CDs or USBs plugged in, and did press enter, the distro feels like it's sitting there and doing nothing. I know I should be patient, but I've been sitting here for almost 10 minutes now, and the computer hasn't restarted yet. I did restart it manually earlier (thinking it would be installed as soon as the computer started up again), but I found out the hard way afterwards that it didn't do that.

Update: I did have the hard disk running at a fixed size instead of dynamically allocated, so I'm wondering if that's the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Update: I did have the hard disk running at a fixed size instead of dynamically allocated, so I'm wondering if that's the problem?
Probably not.

I'd probably just restart the VM and cross my fingers. There isn't much else to do in this situation.

Probably not.

I'd probably just restart the VM and cross my fingers. There isn't much else to do in this situation.

I've tried it again and it's still doing that. Is it possible it's incompatible with the hardware? Because one time, my friend (who's better with computers than I am) tried installing Mint on my Dad's computer, and it did the same thing because of that.

Try a soft restart (e.g. use Mate's power buttons, open a terminal and run "reboot", Ctrl-Alt-F* into another tty session and run "reboot") after installation.

Try a soft restart (e.g. use Mate's power buttons, open a terminal and run "reboot", Ctrl-Alt-F* into another tty session and run "reboot") after installation.

I tried that just now and it didn't work either. Instead, it thinks I installed it, when really I'm still running it in Virtualbox.

Members online