Ubuntu Pre-Installed Notebooks

Do you recomend a distro I might want to use? Whats the best way to really learn linux?

I would recommend using a distro that uses as little resources as possible when idling if you are going to run multiple VMs. There seems to be so many options, but a lot of them are all based on the same few things.

I just setup Debian XFCE on the laptop I am typing this from, but have been using Lubuntu for the last 6 months. I don't really see much difference in the end unless I am looking at resources used. Exactly the same to customise, the same control panel, the same themes, the same file system, the same audio thing, the same plank app installed, etc, etc. I removed 'snaps' from my Lubuntu installation which is the only real difference I can tell. Debian is more difficult to install because you need to decide which image to download from a plethora of choices. That seems to be what is non-beginner about it. If you don't choose the "non-free" image your wifi/etc might not work. Which is handy....

Obviously all of that is just my opinion/experience which is very much average user. Once installed, they are all pretty much "six and half a dozen".

In terms of the best way to learn Linux, I would say install it and use it. Then you can tell me why I am wrong!

Hi,

I live in the UK. I think I would prefer to buy a notebook with ubuntu pre-installed than install it myself. What cheap notebooks are there which already have ubuntu pre-installed. I don't want to do any of the installation myself. I want something under £200.
If you care so much about privacy, then go with System 76 laptops. They are preinstalled with pop OS, you can select which linux distro you want when you visit their order page. Best thing about system 76 computers is that the Intel ME processor is removed by default. I'm currently saving to buy a system 76 laptop. But unfortunately, I don't think they have notebooks under 200. You can check by urself.

I would recommend using a distro that uses as little resources as possible when idling if you are going to run multiple VMs. There seems to be so many options, but a lot of them are all based on the same few things.

I just setup Debian XFCE on the laptop I am typing this from, but have been using Lubuntu for the last 6 months. I don't really see much difference in the end unless I am looking at resources used. Exactly the same to customise, the same control panel, the same themes, the same file system, the same audio thing, the same plank app installed, etc, etc. I removed 'snaps' from my Lubuntu installation which is the only real difference I can tell. Debian is more difficult to install because you need to decide which image to download from a plethora of choices. That seems to be what is non-beginner about it. If you don't choose the "non-free" image your wifi/etc might not work. Which is handy....

Obviously all of that is just my opinion/experience which is very much average user. Once installed, they are all pretty much "six and half a dozen".

In terms of the best way to learn Linux, I would say install it and use it. Then you can tell me why I am wrong!
Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I hope you enjoy the weekend.

Yeah, that's the problem. Broken ppl like me can't buy one of them any time soon
HP, Lenevo and Dell laptops should be fine to run Linux on, you could also buy a second-hand laptop and then install Linux on it. One of us could write out instructions how to create a boot-able usb driver with Ubuntu up to how to boot from it and the install it or find instructions that someone else already has written. How much can you afford for a laptop?

Members online