Ubuntu Touch Phone

NORD

Reaction score
Credits
This should be interesting.
utota22.png

These posts, albeit not all that regular, give me an itch that needs to be scratched. I really do need to find a real Linux phone - and not the bastardized kernel used by Android.

A Linux challenge to the Android/Iphone paradigm would be my dream come true. THAT would make me update my phone (still using a Galaxy S5--ha ha).

I call this my Flintstones Phone:

It's getting pretty long in the tooth, but I've yet to find a compelling replacement.

Ahh, and that LG has a removable battery too, which I think is ideal. From what I've seen, most manufacturer's are now putting non-removable batteries in them across the board. Your LG is an improvement to my S5, but honestly, I don't email or watch movies or do anything fancy on it. Just text, phone, the occasional picture (usually of my dogs), and the even more rare of looking something up using Firefox when I am out and about. One reason I have not updated my phone (besides the ridiculous cost of a new phone) is I have a $30 a month plan through Verizon, and I am afraid if I change things up, they won't honor that price and it will cost me more. Also this galaxy has one feature which I cannot understand for the life of me why no one else, including Samsung has put this in other phones: It charges wildly fast. Like I have 3% and put it on a charger for 10 minutes and I will have 30%. It will charge from dead to full in about 30 minutes. It has a double prong charger on the bottom. I love it---I am not a patient person. LOL

***Ha ha ha "Flintstone" phone. I think mine's older than yours he he.

Oh, man... With the battery back/case (a case and extension battery capacity) it takes like a day to charge my phone. Lots of phones have fast charging these days. Mine does not. No, mine is pretty much the exact opposite of fast. If I somehow get it down near 3%, it's gonna be a full day before it's fully charged again. On the other hand, I can use my phone all day (I assume) and not be at 3%.

I mostly just make calls, text, play cribbage, and browse when I am out and about waiting for someone. Even then, I keep the browsing to a minimum. If I'm out all afternoon, I may login once or twice (here) to keep up with the approval queue and check another site or three.

I don't demand much from my phone. In fact, I find my phone to be about the most inefficient way to do most tasks I do with a computer. I've a sibling that doesn't use a computer - to the point where she even wrote a novel on her phone. That's something I don't have the patience for.

I do miss the phones with the slide-out keyboard.

I wish I had an old Samsung phone to play with maybe try to acquire this OS and install it with Odin.
That would more than likely take a lot of work for programing.

Staff online

Members online