Unsupported OS in Flash?

B

BlitzerHound

So I'm really new to linux, and I only recently switched over my system. I know it probably wasn't a smart idea seeing as how I have no idea how anything works, but I figured I'd just jump right in and learn as I went along like I did when I started out on windows.

So anyway, I was playing a flash game on the internet and it said, "Unsupported OS" and told me to play on windows or something like that, so I was wondering (since the game seemed to be running fine in the background except for that window that wouldn't go away saying there was an error) if I could just trick the site into thinking I was running a windows browser or something? This might be a ridiculous request, but I figured it's better to ask then just assume it won't work.

Oh and I also need help installing secondlife if anyone can help with that too. Just a side note.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-07-13 08:39:50.png
    Screenshot from 2015-07-13 08:39:50.png
    214.8 KB · Views: 694

What the heck, bloke, hahaha, are you sure you want to play it? :eek::oops::oops:
Screenshot_2015-07-13_22-38-51.png

By the way, Unix (I mean GNU/Linux, BSDs and etc.) has only about 2% market share on the desktop, and developers are not really interested in offering such things to the minority.

Anyway, you can always engage in amorous congress with your computer installing Gentoo for example, patching the kernel, compiling GNOME 3 on OpenBSD or even removing systemd and its dependencies and still having a working machine:p.

I don't know what any of that means, lol.

Are you saying I should get a different OS than ubuntu?

Also, yeah I know. Shady game, lol but it was the only example I had. Runescape won't work either.

As you have just switched, I'm assuming you're not a FOSS purist... My first advice is download Google Chrome for Linux. It may solve most of your browser related issues since it has some mainstream plugins embedded.

As for SL, just go for Firestorm old-school style viewer, smoother than the official client IMHO. Regardless of OS, something I cannot figure out is why on Mars SL developers seem to have never considered crossfire/sli support for such a heavy 3D environment.

[quote="As for SL, just go for Firestorm old-school style viewer, smoother than the official client IMHO.[/quote]

So for firestorm I see that they don't have a 64bit install thing, should I reinstall my system as 32bit? It seems like a lot of stuff is 32bit.

Members online