Update to LM 20.2 failed - no more boats possible

1hartmann

Reaction score
Credits
Hello, I am a new member and warmly welcome everyone. Unfortunately I am not able to speak the English language and therefore have to translate via the translator. I hope that not too much ambiguity will arise. Thank you.

Now to the point. I updated the new LM 20.2 via the Update management. But before that I created a backup via my second disk via Timeshift. Since I have done this several times and all the restorements worked, I have overlooked the fact that an error message from TS was displayed. I thought I had inserted the second fuse plate. Puff cake, that was not the case and the error message was that there was not enough space on the main disk. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I overlooked it and drove the box down. Then I downloaded 20.2 and also made "sudo apt install usrmerg" via the terminal. Then he goes up again......but he constantly shows the KODI program. So he doesn't start up the system, just the KODI program. It's strange. I can also do pit with recovery but he keeps opening the codi afterwards. However, I recognize all data on the attached affected disk via my emergency system. So nothing is deleted. I have extra secured timeshift points, but the last one was created 4 weeks ago. Of course I have 99% of my data there, but it is the ambition to completely restore it with your help, if possible without TS. Besides, it doesn't make you stupid.
AnswerQuoteNotify

and the error message was that there was not enough space on the main disk. Unfortunately, for whatever reason,
Welcome to the Forums,
Probably the allocated space for timeshift is full of you have many restore points, try deleting one of the oldest ones

Hello brick factory, thanks for the answer. But I can't understand anything about it. Because at the beginning I set the language in German in the forum. Now your answers are coming to me in German. But completely a mess. You can no longer understand the meaning. I wrote to the admin to show me how to change the language back to English. Then I'll get back in touch. Thank you.

Yes true. Thank you. I had forgotten the name of the DEEPL. Now I have the DEEPL again. Yes, it is the best. And I will write the thread again in short sentences. I think that is better understood.

Downloaded the new LM 20.2. before I created a backup via my second disk via timeshift. I have overlooked that an error message was displayed by TS. I had thought to have inserted the second fuse plate. I always save the save points there. Unfortunately the plate was not connected. I didn't notice that. It has saved to the main disk. There was not enough memory available. Unfortunately, I did not notice the warning. Then I shut down the box. Then I downloaded 20.2 and wrote "sudo apt install usrmerg" via the terminal. After that, it does boot up again......but it keeps displaying the KODI program. So it does not boot the system, but only the KODI program. I can also do Grub with Recovery but it always opens Kodi afterwards. However, I can see all data on the disk via my Not system. So nothing is deleted. I have saved timeshift points, but the last one was created 4 weeks ago. I have 99% of my data, but exactly in the missing 10% there is an important data. Is it possible to restore the old system to 20.1? the admins of Mint have warned that the old system could not be restored. Before I pressed YES. So now I have to eat and go to work. Answer later.

How does my thread resonate with you? Does it arrive in German? That would not be good. Then you have to translate the German into English again. That will be a colorful mess. Can you tell me how I can set the language back to English? I can't find anything here.

How does my thread resonate with you
It fine with DeepL, no translator program is 100%, but it now makes sense, I know little of Kodi apart from it is a trading application, why it is booting first I have no idea, hopefully during the day a member with more knowledge than me will pop in, But as our members are spread across all four corners of the world in different time zones it may take a while

Bwiz

Last edited:
And you need to go back to your original post and edit the title to make sense in English to

Update to LM 20.2 failed - Now unable to boot the computer​

Members online